November can be a hectic time of year with your agency focused on Q4 renewals and winning new business. With things being so busy, it can be easy to let certain tasks slip. Often, one of the first things to go is your social media management, but that’s a mistake.
November is the perfect time to try out some social media planning. Set aside some time to map out your social media posts for the month. By scheduling your posts ahead of time, you can take one item off your daily task list and not worry about letting your social media slip.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
10 Social Media Ideas for Insurance Brokers
- With temperatures getting even colder, consider posting tips on your agency’s social media about how people can protect themselves from cold-weather-related illnesses. If you’re a P&C broker, consider sharing tips on how homeowners and businesses can protect their property from snow, freezing temperatures and ice.
- Get the conversation going by sharing this on your social media channels: “The holidays are for families! What’s your favorite family tradition?” This is a good opportunity to humanize your brand and connect with your followers on a more personal level.
- Provide some tips to avoid drowsy driving and stay safe on the road, since November 3-10 is Drowsy Driving Prevention Week.
- Don’t forget, November 11 is Veterans Day! Take time to recognize this important holiday on your social media channels and honor those who have served.
- Motivational Monday quotes continue to be very popular on social media. Here’s one idea for a quote you can share this month: “I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual.” #MotivationalMonday – Henry David Thoreau
- National Hunger & Homeless Awareness Week takes place from Nov. 16-24. Remind your followers of any local food drives happening before the holiday season begins. If your agency hosts a food drive or other fundraiser, share this on your social channels to help promote awareness of the cause.
- Support your fellow local businesses and share some local Black Friday deals and steals with your fans and followers.
- What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Consider writing a quick post about it and ask readers what they are thankful for.
- November is National Diabetes Month. Raise awareness by posting facts about the disease and ways people can stay healthy during the holiday season.
- Insurance #FactFriday: According to the National Fire Protection Association, cooking is the number one cause of home fires and home injuries. Remind your followers to be especially careful if they are frying a Thanksgiving turkey this year!
Need more social media assistance? Zywave partners can access up-to-date, timely content in the Content Cloud to get more ideas and inspiration.