We love November! The summer heat has finally abated, and we’ve got a little chill in the air. The leaves that are still hanging onto the trees pop with color, and even the dead ones that fall to the ground give you a fantastic crunch when you step on them. Who doesn’t love that?
Another reason to love November: the holidays are coming up! And since this is such a busy time of year, it’s easy to let certain tasks slip. One of the first to go is often social media management, but that’s a mistake. In fact, this is the perfect time to try out some social scheduling software. Right now, while Thanksgiving is still a few weeks away, log in and schedule all of your social media posts for the month. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Social Media Post Ideas for November
- Tweet and share on Facebook: “Nov. 1 is Cookie Monster Day! Share your favorite cookie recipe with us!”
- Post this on all your social media: “Have you voted yet? Election Day is Nov. 6, and some states have already started early voting. Get out there and let your voice be heard!”
- Post this on all your social media: “November is National Native American Heritage Month! Use this link to find stories, videos, events, and more to honor all of the contributions Native Americans have made to our culture.”
- Auto-schedule all of your November blog posts for all of your social media channels, especially LinkedIn.
- Tweet and share on Facebook: “Nov. 5 is National Book Lover’s Day! What are you reading?”
- Tweet and share on Facebook: “Contest! Reply with your best fall recipe, and you could win a $25 Amazon gift card. We’ll choose a winner at random at 8 p.m. tonight.”
- Share this article on Twitter and Facebook: “60 Quick Suppers to Bring the Family Together on Busy Nights”
- Tweet this: “People who live in glass houses should take out insurance.”
- Share this on all your social media: “The holidays are for families! What’s your favorite family tradition?”
- Tweet this: “Nov. 11-17 is Geography Awareness Week! Share a photo of the farthest place you’ve ever traveled to.”
- Post on Twitter and Facebook: “Practicing gratitude is good for your physical and mental health. What are you grateful for today?”
- The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. But when it does, it will land on your car, and you’ll wish you had comprehensive and collision.
- Post on Twitter and Facebook: “Nov. 20 is Absurdity Day. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen?”
- Share this poem on Facebook and LinkedIn: “There was a very cautious man
Who never laughed and played
He never risked, he never tried,
He never sang or prayed.
And when he one day passed away,
His insurance was denied,
For since he never really lived,
They claimed he never really died. -Anonymous, from John C. Maxwell’s Developing the Leader Within You”
- Share this quote on all your social media: Great advice from Suze Orman! “If a child, a spouse, a life partner or a parent depends on you and your income, you need life insurance.”
Need more social media help? Zywave partners can access fresh content in Broker Briefcase with many more ideas.